From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of kelly petew
via CnC-List
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2016 10:44 AM
To: cnc-list
Cc: kelly petew
Subject: Stus-List Yanmar 2gm20f - raw H2O pump issue

Recently, I discovered my raw water pump was leaking during engine operation.
So, I replaced the impeller [old one looked perfect after extraction] and the
"O" ring seal.

After renewal of impeller and "O" ring, I ran engine about 2 to 3 hours, and no
leakage was observed.
However, yesterday, it was leaking at about 10 to 20 drips per minute while
motoring.

Are these pumps similar to an automobile water pump?  That is, when the auto
pump's bearing fails, it starts to leak?
Is the leakage telling me that I have a bad bearing in this pump??

Thanks,

Pete W.
Siren Song
'91 C&C30-2