This has been an interesting topic to follow for several days as I have owned
and raced a C&C 30 and now own and race a C&C 36 cb. I bought the 30' new in
1975 and raced her on the upper Chesapeake Bay in the Columbia Sailing Assoc.
(CSA). I had a 160 genoa, deck sweeper, and could carry it in breezes up to the
high teens. It was a hanked on sail, which was a pain to reduce to the 135. My
36' cb is more tender with a 150 and we need to reef the main or furl in the
genoa some (luff tape) when the wind goes in the mid teens. I can still out
point the fleet with the 150 and the center board is always up as I race on the
Bohemia River which is very shallow.

Tom

Frolic II 1979 C&C 36'cb

Chesapeake City, MD