From: David Knecht <davidakne...@gmail.com>
To: CnC CnC discussion list <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Anchor test - recommended lunch hook/kedge?

I recently had my first anchor test.  We were in Coechles harbor on Shelter
Island overnight and a 50+ knot squall blew through at 2AM.  I have a Rocna (I
believe it is the 27 lb) with 20? of chain and I had about 70? of line which is
about 6:1 in that area.  I was one of the few boats that did not drag out of
about 20 in the anchorage.  It was nerve wracking to try to monitor, but now I
have a great deal more confidence for the next time.  I would also set an
anchor watch next time so I could monitor my position from the cabin.  I was
concerned that I would have trouble getting the anchor up the next morning
(still blowing 20+ and no windlass) but it came right out when we motored
slowly forward.  The only problem I have is that the Rocna does not fit under
the bow pulpit because of the large hoop.  I was considering putting it in the
anchor compartment while racing, but when I realized I could not take it off
without disconnecting it from the chain, I decided to leave it in place.  Dave

Aries
1990 C&C 34+
New London, CT
[...]

greatly appreciated!