From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Jeremy Ralph
via CnC-List
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2016 18:16
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Jeremy Ralph <jeremy.ra...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Clogged cockpit drains

Just got back from a lovely trip to the gulf islands, crossing the Strait of
Georgia for my first time in our 78 C&C 34-1

Now cleaning up after the kids made a mess of the cockpit and the drains are
clogged.  Originally just one was clogged, but I stuck a small sink snake in
and have clogged the other one too. There were some otters making a mess of
mussel shells one time and I think some went down the drains.

What I have tried:

- blasting water down

- small snake

- shop vac blow and suck (not completely vacuumed sealed into the hose just
held tight to the drain)

- shutting and opening thru hulls - they aren't closing very well and I hear a
sound like mussel shells when I close them

Ideas:

- go for a swim and poke a screw driver in from the water

- close seacock, remove hose and check it. I'm worried it isn't shutting
properly due to the cloggage though and don't want an surprise ingress of water
while I'm contorting myself into the bilge to remove the hose clamps

Any advice?

Thanks,

  Jeremy

greatly appreciated!