I agree as well.  As per this article.  I did it this april, and so far so
good.  No screws.

http://www.sailmagazine.com/diy/ask-sail/replacing-fixed-portlights

I posted a photo of one side where you can see the new windows.  it's the
side that was completely dug out to replace rotten balsa core along the
genoa track.  12' by 1' section of deck was out.  One of the contributors to
rotten balsa were those windows.

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=130099
<http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=130099&d=14
72209190> &d=1472209190