BUT — having NMEA0183 nav data from the plotter to the pilot would allow the
pilot to steer to waypoints.  And yes, you can do this; but the ACU does NOT
have NMEA0183 inputs, so you’d need the SeaTalkNG to NMEA0183 converter kit on
the SeaTalkNG bus.

— Fred

Fred Street -- Minneapolis

> On Aug 30, 2016, at 3:17 PM, Joel Aronson via CnC-List
> <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>
> connecting it to the plotter won't do you much good. Different brands are not
> compatible for AP controls.  Mike is right- keep it within reach
>
> Joel

greatly appreciated!