Anyone ever remove the fresh water foot pump and instead install a filtered
drinking water faucet? I'm thinking of doing so but am not completely sure
if removing the foot pump is common or not. If not, what type of water
filters would be good for installing under the galley sink and providing
drinkable water on board without adding another faucet.

I currently have a fresh water foot pump, salt water foot pump, and
standard hot/cold water sink faucet.

Where would I put the filter as well? Before or after the pump, before or
after the water heater, one at each sink (galley/head)? I can't seem to
find decent inline filters that have good flow and fittings for 1/2" PEX
tubing.

As I said in an earlier email, I'm replumbing the entire system using 1/2"
PEX with SeaTech 35 series fittings, putting in a 3 GPM Shurflo pump, and
would like to add filtering to make sure the water is drinkable.

Thanks,
Kevin
'82 34 #473
Japhys Spirit