From: Josh Muckley via CnC-List<mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2016 6:41 PM
To: C&C List<mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Josh Muckley<mailto:muckl...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Open CPN

You can get a waterproof capacitive touchscreen android or windows tablet for a
fraction of the price (<$500) of a new MFD.  Install a suite of navigation
software and wirelessly connect to the OpenPlotter to have all your instruments
visible at the helm.  The only wire you may have to run would be a power cord
depending on the length of your journey and the battery life of the device.
With the proper mount you or another crew member can take the device to the
foredeck or down below to perform any cartography, plotting, or piloting...or
just to surf the Internet, Facebook, and take pictures of the adventure at
hand.  Then again why take the device assigned to the helm when any other
device on board is equally capable.

Josh

On Sep 23, 2016 2:51 PM, "Della Barba, Joe via CnC-List"
This is exactly why I am getting a chartplotter for the helm in addition to
OpenCPN at the chart table.
Joe
Coquina