Hi Collin,

Welcome. If you look at the various 30-1 brochures (
http://www.cncphotoalbum.com/brochures/brochuresndx.htm ), it seems C&C may not
have installed a holding tank originally, but began doing it somewhere in the
production run. For example
http://www.cncphotoalbum.com/brochures/30foot/30b2pg02.htm says "Washroom Port
side ... large locker outboard with double sliding doors for toilet articles.
Stowage under". And http://www.cncphotoalbum.com/brochures/30foot/30b3pg04.htm
says "WASHROOM Port side - ... large storage locker with sliding doors" and
"Interior Equipment and Fittings: Marine toilet with retention device for those
areas requiring it". But
http://www.cncphotoalbum.com/brochures/30foot/30b1pg02.htm says "TANKAGE:
Holding: 13 U.S. gallon tank".

I have hull #7, built September 1972. I just bought it in January. My boat has
a holding tank in the washroom on the port side outboard, behind those sliding
doors. The PO advertised "complete new holding tank" as part of work he did in
2012. I don't know if he installed one in the same place as an old one, or
what. I believe I have the invoice on the boat, showing what he ordered and
where he ordered it from. If you're interested in that, I could get it next
time I'm at the boat and send you a scan of it.

But I would imagine you could install a holding tank in that location, and only
have to deal with removing and replacing (and custom fitting) wood paneling and
trim etc, instead of installing one in the stowage compartment under the port
side of the V berth and having to enlarge the fiberglass opening there and run
the plumbing into there, etc.

Best Regards,
Randy Stafford
S/V Grenadine