Dear fellow sailors,

Sorry for my delayed reply.  I've been out of pocket for a few days due to
work.  My wife and I live aboard our '80 Landfall 38 in North Palm Beach.
By the grace of God we escaped the brunt of Matthew without a scratch.  I
had "spider webbed" Nina in our slip with about 2 dozen dock lines giving
enough slack for tidal surge, etc.  I believe our average wind speeds
during the storm were about 50mph with gusts to 75.  The marina where we
are is considered a hurricane hole and it lived up to that designation.  We
obviously did not ride out the storm on board, but rather went to some
friends house for a couple days.  We feel extremely fortunate.  Areas
further north such as Jacksonville were not as fortunate from what I hear.

I has been 11 years since we had a hurricane of significance here in south
FL (Wilma), and I'm hoping for another 11 year stretch after this one.

God bless to everyone.

Regards,
Brian Davis

--