From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Joel Aronson
via CnC-List
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2016 9:26 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Joel Aronson
Subject: Re: Stus-List AIS VHF

Ed,

You are correct that it only needs to be 3 meters above the water under ISAF.
As with a VHF, height = range.  I use and AIS dongle with my spare antenna on
deck.  Range is only a couple miles.​
Even if you are a cruiser, the ISAF requirements are worth considering.

Joel

On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 5:55 PM, G Collins via CnC-List

Only if you were looking to be ISAF compliant...

Graham Collins

Secret Plans

C&C 35-III #11