Graham’s correct, IF you have NMEA2000 in place. If you don’t, there’s still an
NMEA0183 interface on the GX6500.  If you want to go with a single masthead
antenna, I’d suggest using the Si-Tex MDA3 antenna switcher.  By doing this
rather than using two antennas for VHF/AIS, you restrict the AIS’s ability to
receive when you’re transmitting on VHF; but if you use the radio sparingly,
then it’s not much of an issue, and you gain the distance advantage of having
the AIS antenna up high, just like on the VHF.

Reports I’ve seen online suggest an expected availability date in November;
I’ll let the list know when they start to ship.

— Fred

Fred Street -- Minneapolis