I replaced a Martec with a two blade fixed, and a folding two blade gori.
I like the Gori, it works great, have no issues stopping the boat.   I read
that same article about the 3 blade gori and this did not support my own
experience with the two blade, which was superior to the martec and at
least the equal of the fixed. (which was a different pitch and slightly
larger in diameter)  .

I have been reading the posts about prop walk with some interest.  I dock
Windstar single handed a lot and prop walk is really not a problem for me,
though when forced to think about it, there is l a slight tendency to pull
to port when using reverse + throttle to stop.   Docking port-side-to is so
mildly preferred as to be academic.  Not sure if this is the prop itself,
or the centre-line prop shaft.   Will try some precision backwards driving
for the marina audience next season!

Some photos comparing the Gori to the Martec it replaced.  Photos do not do
justice to the impressive bronze sculpture that is the Gori, (looked great
on my desk at the office) nor is the dried blood clearly visible.   (It
does have some sharp edges that are exposed when disassembled.)

http://cncwindstar.blogspot.ca/2016/10/gori-2-blade-prop.html

Dave  33-2

Message: 4