Sorry about that. You Canadians are much much more friendly!.

Bill Coleman C&C 39 Erie

-------- Original message --------
From: Dave S via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Date: 10/27/16  13:00  (GMT-07:00)
To: C&c Stus List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Dave S <syerd...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List AIS VHF

I sail out of Whitby, Near Toronto, North shore of lake ON.  North shore is
Canada, south shore is USA, upstate NY.  For boaters on both sides, the 35nm
crossing is a routine weekend cruise, probably been like this for 100 years or
more.
A neighbour at my marina installed an AIS transmitter and now gets regularly
stopped by the US coastguard when the US shore is approached, the AIS
presumably identifying his CS36 as a foreign invader and potential threat to
national security.
I'll stay stealthy I think... ;-)
Dave

Message: 3