Ahoy Steve, I have had very good results with Titebond III, waterproof exterior
glue. Rough up surface to get rid of old glue and clamp. Then if able screw
with flat head brass or stainless screws. Screwed and glued.
  I would like to encourage you to register your boat and yourself at the photo
album. Way to few boats there.  Every body should.
Colin Binkley
71 C&C 40C #3
US 547080
5th day on the hard