From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Joel Aronson
via CnC-List
Sent: Tuesday, November 1, 2016 10:21
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Joel Aronson <joel.aron...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Crane for spinnaker halyard on a 44?

I would like to add a crane to move the spinnaker halyard block forward of the
headstay about a foot.  Selden does not make a pre-fab crane for large boats.

I was looking at a 5 inch aluminum channel:
<http://www.speedymetals.com/p-2221-1885-x-0325-x-5-325-channel-6061-t6-aluminum-extruded.aspx>

http://www.speedymetals.com/p-2221-1885-x-0325-x-5-325-channel-6061-t6-aluminum-extruded.aspx

Any idea if this could handle the load?  Should I go for stainless?

Thanks.
Joel