Listers-

My C&C 30 Owner's Manual says "DO NOT expose a spar wrapped in plastic to
direct sunlight." Does anyone know the rationale for this precaution? Was the
worry that a brand-new spar for a brand-new C&C boat might be wrapped in thin
plastic film that would melt in direct sunlight or something?

Of course, the reason I'm asking is because my rig is down for winter, and
laying along my trailer side rail, and I've wrapped the lower mast section
containing the coiled halyards, lower sheaves, cleats, etc. in thick plastic.
Most of the mast will be shaded all winter but I'm not sure about that section.

Thanks,
Randy