Hi John,
My 29-2 is rigged for symmetric spinnaker. She has a topping lift, down haul,
and halyard all run aft to the cockpit. Sheet blocks all the way aft attaching
to the back stay mounting plate (transom corner casting). Snatch blocks mounted
mid ship.  Sheets run to forward coming winches.
The downhaul setup has a block attacted to a padeye on deck 1/3 way between
forward hatch and the bow.  Also four fairleads routing the downhaul up
starboard side of cabin and terminates next to the companion way hatch with a
cam cleat.
Actually works well for cruising. I single hand her fairly often in light air
flying the chute. If racing, I have the halyard terminate at the mast.
I can take pictures of any details you'd like next weekend when I'm back down
on Beemer.

Bob Caughran
Beemer, 29mkII, 309
Biloxi, MS