From: Larry via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: cnc-list <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Larry <ladoug...@comcast.net>
Sent: Mon, Nov 21, 2016 6:25 pm
Subject: Stus-List auto pilot

My st4000 plus auto pilot went belly up. Everything is working except for the
controller. When I switch to Auto I get the common low battery error and no
data received. I have done a complete job of troubleshooting and it is the
control unit/display. Raymarine no longer service this unit. I located one
place in Florida that works on them, but I don’t want to go that uncertain
route. I am going to remove and replace with another unit. I just sail the
Puget Sound and never get into the blue water. I only use the Autopilot to
single or short handle my boat. Mainly raising and lowering sails or taking a
head break when I single handle it. I never use it in rough water. My boat
weighs in around 14,500 lbs. I am contemplating the ev-100 spx-5. Anyone have
any suggestions. I want to keep in simple. My wheel unit and compass work fine.