Dave,

Those all sound like worthy upgrades to an existing pole.  It should look like
new when you’re done.  A small water-activated strobe is a good choice.  If you
could attach it part way up the pole, it would be great for visibility.  If
it’s too heavy, it may affect the ability of the pole to stay vertical.  It all
depends on the type of strobe (weight).  The carabiner should have the whistle
attached with a short leash.  A small float might make them easier to find in
the water.  I’m thinking a key chain float might work.

Jake

Jake Brodersen

C&C 35 Mk-III “Midnight Mistress”

Hampton VA