From: Marek Dziedzic via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: cnc-list <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Marek Dziedzic <dziedzi...@hotmail.com>
Sent: Fri, Dec 2, 2016 2:42 pm
Subject: Re: Stus-List Short handed sailing; sail selection

I am not to try dissuading you about the stack pack; however, before you spring
$$$ for that improvement, try a simple set of lazy jacks. The total cost of a
set would be under $100 (especially, if you do it all yourself). I find them
(lazy jacks) extremely useful, especially, if you single handle.

Some people don’t like the lazy jacks (but the stack pack would have the same
issues). The problems arise from the lines getting entangled in battens. The
solution for that is to move the lines from the mast to the spreaders (half way
is enough) and making sure that when you set the main or drop it you are
reasonably close to wind (right into the wind, preferably).

Marek
1994 C270 “Legato”
Ottawa, ON