I have the lazy jack system (Sail Cradle) from Sailcare.com. It is a little different from standard lazy jacks and after using it for many years, I like the way it works, and appreciate the different approach. I made one minor modification. I added cheek blocks (sailcare has a line of iIalian sailing hardware that rivals Harken, but at much nicer prices) where they attach to the mast, and a halyard coming down so I can adjust the tension easily. After about 5 years, the original shock cord started to lose it's strength and I replaced it easily with better quality shock cord from Defender that is probably 8 years old now and shows no signs of weakening. Because of the shock cord, I can deploy the lazy jacks whenever convenient while out sailing, and there is no chafe of the sails, because it doesn't slide or move at all. When I got mine, I think they were at Mark-II. Now they are at Mark-IV. I have no idea what the changes are. I single-hand a lot, and this really makes things a lot easier. No mods to the sail or sail cover needed. Sailcare has expanded into a source for a lot of sailing specific goodies.

http://www.sailcare.com/sailcradle.shtml

Bill BIna