From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Matthew L.
Wolford via CnC-List
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2016 11:44
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Matthew L. Wolford <wolf...@erie.net>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Spinnaker handling safety tip

Amen to that.

From: Dennis C. via CnC-List<mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2016 11:35 AM
To: CnClist<mailto:CnC-List@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Dennis C.<mailto:capt...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Spinnaker handling safety tip

While we're on the subject of spinnaker handling, when dead downwind in heavy
breeze, never, ever let the center seam on the bottom panel of your chute be to
WINDWARD of the forestay.  That is, keep the pole a bit forward.  You're
probably already at hull speed so you don't need to optimize the trim.
It's a whole lot better to broach than to do a "death roll".
Dennis C.