Unfortunately all my $750 is in Fisheries Supply gift cards, so I’m kinda
stuck with getting stuff from them...

--
Andrew Means
S.V. Safari - 1977 C&C 34 Mk I

On December 19, 2016 at 1:49:32 PM, ALAN BERGEN via CnC-List (
cnc-list@cnc-list.com) wrote:

Since you're not too far from Portland, look at what Columbia Marine
Exchange has to offer:

http://www.columbiamarineexchange.com/sailboat_hardwware.htm

Kim also can get you new items, usually matching or beating Defender, and
there's no income tax in Oregon.

Alan Bergen
35 Mk III Thirsty
Rose City YC
Portland, OR

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 1:27 PM, Andrew Means via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> Hey all -
>
> I have recently found myself with $750 worth of gift cards to spend at
> Fisheries Supply. I’m debating about what to buy and thought you guys might
> be able to help me.
>
> Big-ticket items I’d like for my 1977 C&C 34:
>
> *Some kind of autopilot system* - It looks like from the website
> Fisheries autopilot systems are not really aimed at sailboats, but I wonder
> if they’d be able to order something. Defender’s got the Raymarine
> Evolution EV-100 Wheel Autopilot Pack
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.defender.com_product3.jsp-3Fpath-3D-2D1-257C344-257C2028687-257C2028710-26id-3D2305359&d=DwMFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=9w3G7Cf8YfQnrjmtuNxwDJYr3JMv9f1pAfgAJ9xXYQQ&m=-B3QzKXPkPaYmuFy9f1aG0OFIzltvXaHqY-F3cmaK3A&s=Kdvo_H2Mn3tFB0OoQERAMs1PVkLgmrWIWgi_E83TFdw&e=>
>  at
> $1249, which is obviously a chunk more than I’ve got but it could be an
> option. I am thinking however that I’d probably prefer to buy a simpler
> autopilot (something that basically just holds a course) second hand from
> somebody who is looking to upgrade and save a lot of money that way.
> Anybody have experience with the Raymarine unit or used units I should be
> on the lookout for?
>
> *Self-Tailing Winches for the cabin top* - right now we’ve got two
> mismatched non-self-tailing winches on our cabin top and it’d be pretty
> nice to have the matched and self tailing winches there. Two of these
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.fisheriessupply.com_lewmar-2Dsingle-2Dspeed-2Daluminum-2Dself-2Dtailing-2Dwinches&d=DwMFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=9w3G7Cf8YfQnrjmtuNxwDJYr3JMv9f1pAfgAJ9xXYQQ&m=-B3QzKXPkPaYmuFy9f1aG0OFIzltvXaHqY-F3cmaK3A&s=xzyYwgm_C04ub2YlNCkq1VMJT7ZjLe2AM19o3nAQ3tw&e=>
>  would
> run past my budget but it would be worth it. They’re single speed though,
> so operations like reefing might be challenging. I could just get one
> dual-speed self-tailing winch this season and look to upgrade the second
> next season... Again, I’m not opposed to looking out for used self-tailing
> winches at the next swap meet.
>
> Other things the boat could use:
>
> + New Spinnaker Halyard (definitely needed for next season)
> + New topping lift, foreguy lines (currently old but not bad)
> + More automatic PFDs (we’ve got plenty of life vests but if we have auto
> PFDs we’ll have better luck getting people to wear them)
>
> What do you guys think? If you had $750 to spend on boat gear what would
> you spend it on?
>
> Andrew
>

> --
> Andrew Means
> S.V. Safari - 1977 C&C 34 Mk I
> Seattle, WA

> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.
> paypal.me_stumurray&d=DwICAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN
> [...]

Alan Bergen
35 Mk III Thirsty
Rose City YC
Portland, OR

This list is supported by the generous donations of our members. If you
wish to make a contribution to offset our costs, please go to: