I'm looking to replace my forward hatch on my C&C 35 Mk1.  Dimensions are
21.625" X 25.375" OD, 20.75" X 24.5 ID.  Any suggestions on what to replace it
with?  I can't seem to find anything to fit, so should I consider removing the
"lip" the old hatch fit over?  Or should i epoxy in an additional spacer to get
the frame down to a standard size, say maybe the Bowmar 20 3/16" X 30 3/16" or
similar?  Or should I just build a new hatch out of fiberglass and wood frame
like the original that's on the boat?  I'd prefer something that's going to be
water tight, obviously.  and it would be nice to have some light coming through.

Thanks in advance for any tips and recommendations.