I’ve used a pressure washer inside the bilge.  It works, but be prepared for
some overspray.  I turned my 4000psi washer down to just under 2000psi.  It
does a heck of a job, but can damage wiring, paint, and bilge pump switches if
you’re not careful.

Use in the engine compartment is fine, as long as you don’t point the nozzle at
any electronics, wiring, or seals on the engine.

Jake

Jake Brodersen

C&C 35 Mk-III “Midnight Mistress”

Hampton VA