Out of an abundance of caution, given that the boat I am buying has been
started, but not substantially run (other than for our survey) for about 5
years, I would like to be extra-cautious about potential fuel tank
contamination.
I think that the tank is about half-full.  At the suggestion of one of our
contributors here, I will patch in a 12v. pump and recirculate the fuel through
my Racor filter for a number of hours in an attempt to polish the fuel.
That said, do you think I am better off trying to burn off the old fuel as much
as possible before putting in new (if of course the engine appears to be
running well), or dillute the old stuff with new?
Finally, does anyone here have experience with Starbrite Star Tron Fuel Tank
Cleaner?  While its NOT cheap, I'd rather start off with as clean a fuel system
as possible.  The reviews seem to be good (and Practical Sailor rated their
biocide highly), but I don't believe everything I read on the 'net... :)

Thanks in advance! Bruce Whitmore

(847) 404-5092 (mobile)
bwhitm...@sbcglobal.net