I am having a new stemhead fitting with bow roller fabricated this winter
for Piper. My next step, is looking into a windlass for Piper, as the new
anchor that I purchased is a 35lb Lewmar Delta and I'm not as young as I
used to be. I really like the looks of the low profile Lewmar windlasses but
am not sure if they will work with my mostly rope (with 10' of chain at the
end). Do any listers have experience with installing windlasses on one of
these older 35's? Btw, Piper does not have a deck hatch for the anchor rode,
the rode just enter the bow anchor rode locker through a dorade vent at the
aft end of the locker.

Greg Swetka

583 Barrington

Grosse Pointe Park, MI 48230