>  I also screw the locking collar tight to ensure a tight connection.

I watched a boat leave the dock with the power still connected. I am impressed
at how well that locking collar worked. It was the metal one into the metal
version
of the inlet. Once they got some slack it even undid and they could toss the
line
back to someone on shore.

Michael Brown
Windburn
C&C 30-1

From: "Dennis C." <capt...@gmail.com>

I have seen and replaced several deteriorated updated Marino inlets.  I
like the Smart Plug.  Appears to be a superior product.  Would probably
replace Touche's Marinco if it got flakey.

Having said that, a few preventative steps can make your existing setup
safer. I wrap my shore power cord around a winch before plugging it in.
That prevents any side forces on the plug.  I also screw the locking collar
tight to ensure a tight connection.

Look at your inlet configuration.  If the cord is not supported and is
hanging or otherwise placing side force on the inlet, devise a way to
support it.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA