Brian:

I have a 1981 C&C 34. I replaced the original tank with a plastic tank by
Moeller. The old tank came out the seat hatch although I did cut the fill
pipe a bit. It was approximately 20 gallons. Measured the old one, went on
the Moeller web site and found what was as close to an exact match as you
could want. Took the model number and ordered through Amazon. The new tank
fit perfectly including with the fill pipe and vent being in basically the
same positions as the original. It was like Moeller copied a widely used
tank. Good luck.

Ed
C&C 34 Briarpatch
New Orleans