From: Gary Russell via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Date: 3/28/2017  3:09 PM  (GMT-05:00)
To: C&C List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Gary Russell <captnga...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List 1994 C&C 37/40+ Rudder post grease cap or zerk?

I drilled two holes in my rudder post with the rudder still in place.  I simply
drilled the hole in the relatively soft fiberglass post until I felt the drill
hit the harder stainless post.  I then ground the tip of the drill square so I
could be sure the drill went full depth at the full diameter.  I then tapped
the two holes for two zerk fittings.  Voila!  The rudder was smooth and quiet.
The whole job took less than 15 minutes.
GaryS/V Kaylarah'90 C&C 37+East Greenwich, RI, USA

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 11:41 AM, Bruce Whitmore via CnC-List