Hello all,
Our 1994 C&C 37/40+ has 2 battery chargers.  There is also a ProMariner
ProSport 12, Gen 3 which is currently hooked up to the house bank, comprised of
2 Series 31 lead acid batteries. It was originally hooked up to one gel cell
and one lead acid (I know, wrong) and was set to the gel cell setting.  Now
that I have reverted back to solely lead acid, I have changed it back to charge
on the lead acid setting.

One 50 amp model, which is clearly original equipment, and hums when it is on.
Not my favorite noise, but maybe that's just me.
In the pile of stuff left behind by the P.O. is a Guest Charge Pro 2611A, 10
amp charger (5/5).  It seems to work.  Considering the solid-state and quite
nature of these, If I connect the starting battery (also a Series 31) to the 10
amp charger, and leave the ProSport 12 connected to the house bank, 1). Would
this provide sufficient charging power?  2).  Is there a reason to keep the old
50 amp unit?  That one, in addition to humming, takes up a lot of space which I
could use for additional storage.
Thanks!
 Bruce Whitmore

(847) 404-5092 (mobile)