rather wide boat is pushing it, it seems the boat is not able to respond.

Just my experience.

Gary

From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Steven
Tattrie via CnC-List
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2017 2:04 PM
To: cnc-list <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Steven Tattrie <steven.tatt...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List genoa cars and tracks - C&C 30 MK1 1979 (Steven Tattrie)

Hi All, thank for everyone that provided feedback on genoa track on a C&C30 mk1.

Micheal Brown pointed out an interesting sailing magazine article
<http://www.sailmagazine.com/racing/regattas/headsail-sheeting/>
http://www.sailmagazine.com/racing/regattas/headsail-sheeting/

My take away here is I should be sheeting as close as 7 degrees up to 10
degrees depending on wind. I visited my boat this weekend and based on my
trigonometry math skills I would have not issue sheeting too close . It would
be difficult to meet the seven degrees in light wind. With that in mind my
concern is shroud location.

Does any one with tracks have interference with the shrouds? I am thinking,
when the wind pick up you want to flatten the foot, visually looks like the
shroud would restrict sail shape. any comments?

Steve