Gene,

The original washers on my boat were not very substantial.  They did flex and
bend.   After my keel R&R, I have new washers that are much more substantial
now.  Actually, my new washers also have backing plates that spread the load
out much better.   I highly recommend them.

Jake

Jake Brodersen

C&C 35 Mk-III “Midnight Mistress”

Hampton VA