I will be prepping my mast next week and could take measurements. I doubt you
would
want to mount a normal block on the front of the mast if you are carrying an
overlapping
headsail. It will rub and maybe catch on every tack. The 30-1 factory spinnaker
uphaul
fitting was a feedthrough with less to catch.

While far from optimum if you are looking to try some light wind downwind
cruising you
could try it with a simple fixed setup. I have seen some boats use a fixed ring
to mount
the spinnaker pole to the mast and a similar ring further up with a line looped
through it
for the uphaul. It doesn't adjust much under load, but that may be fine for
you. It is also
cheap and won't snag your headsail. You will need a downhaul / foreguy. The can
work
from a block on the toerail, maybe a forward eye if you have one mounted. I use
a block
on the base of the mast, fix the line on the starboard side of the mast, up to
a block on
the spinnaker bridle, then down to a block on the port side of the mast and
then to the
cockpit. Somewhat strange but it allows sheeting the pole forward and back
without
having to adjust the downhaul.

Michael Brown
Windburn
C&C 30-1

Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 07:41:02 -0400
From: Kevin Deluzio <kevin.delu...@gmail.com>

Hi All,
     This is my second season with my new to me 1980 30-1. I would like to rig
it for a spinnaker this year. Not interested in racing with one, but I like the
idea of using it for light winds downwind sailing. So I have to install a block
for the pole lift and I?m wondering where to install it. In the C&C manual it
shows the pole lift at 22?-0? above the ?black line? at base of mast. But I
don?t have a black line on my mast, not at the base (which I assume is around
the height of boom?) nor at the top of my mast. Does anyone know where I would
locate these black lines? or the height of the topping lift from some other
reference point? My second question is where to mount the pole downhaul
(foreguy) - a? Thanks for this.

By the way, love the list, such a great source of information. And here?s to
all the other C&C owners out there who?s arms are a sore as mine this time of
year as we get these boats ready for launch.

Kevin Deluzio
S/V Solevento
C&C30-1 #641
Kingston, ON