If I had to guess the fuse is on the output or DC side of the charger.  You
might try taking it apart carefully to see if there is a fuse on the
inside.  Of course you need to make sure that your power coming in is good
and connections tight.  Likewise for the output.  Also make sure that the
battery is good.  Some chargers detect a bad battery and then turn off.

For new options, I have not been dissatisfied in the slightest with my
ProMariner pronautic 1260.  12v 60Amps.
http://www.promariner.com/en/63160 This is probably more amps than you need
but they make lower power models.
http://www.promariner.com/en/products/dry-mount-chargers
I replaced a 40amp zantrex trucharge with a 60amp and both died nearly
right out of the box.  I've since had no trouble with the ProMariner for
over 5 years.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+