Adam:

I am no expert on this topic but my guess is that the adequate thickness of your barrier paint will be all you need.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - 84
Halifax, N.S.

On 2017-05-06 10:01 AM, Adam Hayden via CnC-List wrote:
Hey everyone.

I am in the middle of stripping the bottom paint off of my C&C 36. I would day tjere is 30 years of bottom paint. There are no blisters juat that muck of thr oaint was flaking off. Once done I will be doing the barrier coat and reapplying the bottom paint. I burned through the gelcoat in a few places while sanding.

My question is do i need to apply a coat of gelcoat to those places or will the barrier coat protect the glass and prevent moisture intrusion.

I can honestly say this won't be a job that I will tackle again on this boat.

Thanks
Adam

Get Outlook for Android <https://aka.ms/ghei36>