I have struggled with how to deal with my prop and have tried a number of
suggested solutions over the years. None have been totally satisfying in terms
of keeping it clean for the season. Propspeed last year was the best so far.  I
was sanding yesterday and the guy with the boat next to me looks over and says
he has some advice.  He said that many years ago, he sanded his prop clean and
put the boat in the water with no further treatment.  He has not touched it in
the years since and claims he never gets barnacles.  The prop now has a very
rough texture to the metal and looks nothing like brass.  It looks like it is
coated with something and I have never seen anything like it.  Anyone know what
is going on?  Dave

Aries
1990 C&C 34+
New London, CT