Thanks Jake.  The 35iii is a very close bigger sister.OK, so you lead your
jib straight to the winch from  the genoa track, and it works..  check.
Should have thought the spinnaker through - I've only ever flown mine with
sheets, no guys, and only in light air.  I can see that sailing with the
spin "in anger" with sheets and guys you would want both winches.  Seems
kinda obvious now....  I am assuming the 4 lines would run though 4 snatch
blocks clipped to the rail.

Do you use the short inboard tracks as well?  IF so, for what?

Dave Syer, 33-2

Jake Brodersen

to cnc-list, me
Dave,

I find the secondary winches very useful when singlehanding.  They are well
within my reach.  They are essential when running a spinnaker though.  I got
rid of the turning blocks on the quarters.  Yes, they probably helped make a
fair lead to the winch, but the extra friction was not worth it.  I got rid
of them and have never missed them.

Jake

Jake Brodersen
C&C 35 Mk-III "Midnight Mistress"