It was a good night for a C&C 30 MK I on Chatfield Reservoir last night -
blowing 20mph. My competition was depowering, but I flew my 150 :) Grenadine
did round up once on the way to the windward mark, but other than that the
amount of weather helm was about right - tiller about five degrees above
centerline. Managed to get a rail in the water for the first time and don't
know why - I've sailed in stronger wind with the same amount of sail - must've
had more rail meat those times.

Anyway, Grenadine was second across the starting line. Only tacked once, and
overtook the leader, before rounding the windward mark. Had the thrill of
leading the fleet from there, and took line honors. Beat the next boat, a Cal
22, by 73 seconds in a 30-minute race, but he has a gift PHRF of 246 and should
correct over me by a few seconds.

Saw 8 knots on the knotmeter but don't trust its calibration and didn't verify
with GPS. However I hit 7.6 knots on GPS last year with a fixed 2-blade prop. I
think she can break 8 knots with her new folding prop; I can tell she's faster.

Offseason projects paying off; wanted to share the joy.

Cheers,
Randy Stafford
S/V Grenadine
C&C 30-1 #7