That's butyl

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 13, 2017, at 7:55 PM, bwhitmore via CnC-List

Windshield installers generally use black burly rubber to the best of my
knowledge.

Kindest Regards,

Bruce

-------- Original message --------
From: "Matthew L. Wolford via CnC-List"
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com<mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com>>
Date: 6/13/17 1:48 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com<mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: "Matthew L. Wolford" <wolf...@erie.net<mailto:wolf...@erie.net>>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Fixing V-berth port hatch leaks

I had a similar experience replacing the lens on my 34’s Atkins & Hoyle hatch.
I suggest spraying the knobs with a penetrating oil and let sit for a while.  I
don’t recall what I used as a bedding compound on that hatch.  However, when I
replaced the lens on my current boat, I took it to an auto glass repair shop
and they used silicone, which failed within one year.  When they re-bedded the
lens, I told them to use whatever they use on car windshields.  Two years
without a leak.