Hello!

I have an old trusty Raymarine S2G (150G) course computer sitting around that I
bought long ago to replace my Simrad WP30. The original plan was to install a
below deck drive mainly because of added security (backup steering system) but
I don't think it is worth the trouble since 30-1 doesn't have a lot of space
around the Edson quadrant so I'm thinking of just installing a wheel drive unit
instead (ST4000). The 150G manual doesn't mention the wheel drive units but I
don't see any reason why it wouldn't work since wheel drives pull a lot less
current that below the deck units. I will be installing the rudder reference
sensor. Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Aaron R.
Admiral Maggie,