As long as we're bitching about powerboaters, I'll just chime in that Colorado
Sail & Yacht Club has had three of our racing marks shattered already this year
in what I can only assume were high-speed impacts by negligent or malicious
(i.e. asshole) powerboaters. We use 55-gallon plastic drums filled with
swimming noodles so they stay afloat when the assholes hit them. I've asked the
State Park if we can use 55-gallon metal drums so they hole the assholes' boats
on impact, but the State Park won't let us. Costs us about $75 and a whole
bunch of time every time we have to remove and replace one. Frickin' pisses me
off. Your average powerboat operator is a frickin' idiot.

Cheers,
Randy Stafford
S/V Grenadine
C&C 30-1 #7