Kreg,

On my C&C 24 there was a reefing horn at the gooseneck. I used it extensively
and it worked fine. Eventually, I added a dog-bone through the reefing cringle
at the tack, so it was easier to hook it up.

At the clew, I used a reefing line through a cheek block to a small horn cleat
on the boom. I am pretty sure that it was added by the PO, but it worked fine,
as well.

It sounds like you have the blocks. You may want to add a cleat (a horn cleat
or a jam-cleat).

Additionally, I would use a boom strap through the clew (a velcro tape works
quite well) to protect your sail from ripping (if the reefing line gives way).

Marek
Ex 1975 C&C 24
Ottawa