From: "Steven A. Demore via CnC-List" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: "cnc-list" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: "Steven A. Demore" <sdem...@computer.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 1, 2017 6:08:04 PM
Subject: Stus-List 73 30 MK1 Bilge Pump

While we’re having so many conversations on bilge pumps, I have another
question for you. I picked up a project ’73 30’ MK 1. There is a float switch
in the bilge, right under the forward access hole. There are wires leading
forward through the bilge toward the mast, as well as a hose that leads out of
the bilge, around the head, up the wall by the holding tank, and out through a
drain at the top of the hull (I had assumed it to be a vent previously). I have
reached up through the bilge as far as I can, put a camera in there and took
some pictures, used a mirror and flashlight, everything I could think of (I
don’t have a borescope), but I can’t find the pump or the end of the
hose/wires. Does anybody know how to access the pump and whether it is screwed
down? It almost has to be forward of the mast, but I can’t reach it. I don’t
want to pull too hard on the hose, but I need to find the pump and see what
kind of shape it is in. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Steve