Hi,

I have a flexible (rollable) solar panel (PowerFilm, bought it at Defender a
couple of years ago). It worked great for a few seasons, but this year it
stopped. A bit of troubleshooting showed up that the battery generates power,
but the short cable with a plug (pigtail) must have a problem somewhere - when
I wiggle it around the voltage shows up or disappears. I suspect a connection
problem to the panel. I opened up the junction box. There is nothing there:
just two soldered connections and a fairly big diode. Probing around with the
Ohm-meter does not show anything (anything conclusive?).

Any ideas what to test and how to test it?

Should I look for a replacement diode? If so, any suggestions?

Thanks

Marek
1994 C270 "Legato"
Ottawa, ON