I have had my eyes on a derelict 24 on our dock for months now.  My
inquiries led the management to look into the status of the boat and
owners, if any.  Turns out it belongs to the marina and they are willing to
take offers on it and 'don't worry about insulting offers', which I
interpret it to mean, we would like it to go.  My offer is leaning to pay
for the mast step and haul out to my 25 MKII trailer where I can transport
it for long term renovation.

The staff pumped out 18" of water on the cabin sole to provide some
inspection opportunity.  The most obvious problem is a drip from the blocks
that lead aft to the cockpit.  I'm concerned this region contains plywood
sandwich construction.  Even if it is only foam in the construction, and it
is saturated, will it be possible to dry out without removing the
fiberglass/gelcoat cabin top.  Both instances are rough with the former
being very serious.

She has been in the water for many years, so it occurs to me she will have
a blistering hull.  I would be in no hurry to get her renovated.  No sails,
running rigging shot, even water dripping from the chain plates inside the
cabin.  Gosh, I'm about to talk myself out of this!

Bill Dakin
C&C 25 MKII
S/V Tapestry