We had a similar, although not precisely the same, problem with our C&C 30 several years ago. We found that when the rig was in racing tune, the head door would not close properly, and would often launch itself in an unwanted attempt to close itself at high velocity whenever we were on a port tack. Of course, it would make a high velocity correction whenever we would tack. We also found that getting into the holds below the forward dinette settee would lock up tight until we released all stay tension. What we found was that the bulkhead had not been tabbed to the deck. Not really a matter of inadequate tabbing, more a matter of no tabbing. I don't know if that was an oversight, a design "feature", or what. You might investigate whether you have adequate tabbing on that bulkhead -- obviously a properly tabbed bulkhead will aid quite a bit of overall stiffness and longevity.

I'd like to say we simply took a few minutes to tab in the bulkhead and life was good, but to my everlasting dismay we sold the boat. But that's a story for another chapter.

Mack