It's very common to have spider web cracking in the gelcoat (and maybe into
the fiberglass) on old boats around the stanchions. It doesn't necessarily
mean water is getting into the core, but it's good to investigate, which it
sounds like you're doing.

Many surveyors will say they found voids (air pockets in the layup) or even
wet core, without really explaining the meaning of that (to a new boat
owner) or the severity. Have you asked the surveyor how he determined the
deck was wet and approximately what size area it was? A good surveyor would
be able to tell you that (and would've already included it in the written
report ideally).

If you can send some pictures that would help. Hard to speculate too much
without seeing it.

You're right that the deck within a few inches of the hull-deck joint is
solid fiberglass, so you don't need to worry about deck penetrations there.
I did a writeup on cored/non-cored sections of the deck for the LF38
(caveat: every boat is different, not guaranteed to be the same for all)
here: https://svviolethour.com/2016/01/26/rebedding-on-a-cc-landfall-38/

Those things may be obvious to many here, but as a new boat owner,
identifying every cored vs non-cored area on the boat and which ones to
worry about was not obvious at all and took me about a year.

Not sure what to think of the creaking while jumping fore/aft of the
chainplates. Depends on how hard you're jumping. :) It could mean any of a
number of things.

-Patrick
1984 LF38