Hello all,
Our 1994 C&C 37/40+ has a section of deck core, limited solely to the area
under the sliding companionway hood that has become rotted and needs to be
replaced.  This was caused by the sliding hatch stop being slammed too many
times by the DPO and the stop being solely held into the deck by wood screws.

So, when I cut the deck and replace that area of core (it is probably about 18"
x 36", would you recommend using end grain balsa core, or going with foam core?
 I have heard that getting foam core to stick during repair jobs can be
difficult, but that's solely what I have heard, and I certainly want better
input.  Would any of you know the core thickness, and a good place to get it?

No rush, this will wait until our rainy season is over, and I have everything
really well sealed under there for now.
Thanks in advance! Bruce Whitmore

(847) 404-5092 (mobile)
bwhitm...@sbcglobal.net